2019 Spring Arts on the Great Lawn
Exhibitor Information and Regulations
Located in Ball Ground, Georgia, one hour north of Atlanta, Gibbs Gardens 220 acres of Gardens that welcome visitors from all 50 states as well as around the globe.
The Gardens are featured regularly on national and regional television and in the press. It is also the site for major motion pictures and television series.
Event advertising will include a regional marketing campaign in the greater Atlanta area and surrounding bedroom communities utilizing newspapers, lifestyle and gardening magazines, digital advertising (including social media and e-mail direct marketing) and publicity initiatives.
The Spring Arts Festival is designed to provide artists and artisans, who create and execute original work, with a venue to sell their work to a targeted set of customers
Online — Click Here
- If you already have an account, just log in.
- If you do not, it’s very easy to set up your free account.
- Complete the application and select images that will be used for the jury.
- Check out by paying your application fee ($25).
By Mail — Click Here – Printable Spring Application
- Print out the application from the event website.
- Complete and sign the application.
- Include 4 photos of your work (close up of the product only),
- and 1 photo of your outdoor display.
- If paying by Credit Card email Carol – carol@gibbsgardens for link.
- By check include 2 checks – one for the application fee ($35) and one for your booth made out to
Gibbs Gardens, LLC
- Mail the application by the deadline to:
Gibbs Gardens, LLC Att. Carol Skapinetz PO Box 309 Marble Hill, GA 30148
- Once we have received your application by mail or online, you will receive an acknowledgement message by email.
- This does NOT mean that you have been invited to participate, but does mean that your application will be presented to the jury.
DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Submit 5 photos (one of your outdoor booth display and four individual art pieces).
- Images should be high resolution digital images and must be 300dpi, 4” x 6” or larger, in JPEG, TIFF or PNG format.
- Please include a description of the images with prices.
Accepted artists understand and agree that images of their work may be used by Gibbs Gardens, LLC for the sole purpose of marketing the event.
- Overnight security.
- Vehicle loading and unloading in close proximity to your booth space.
- Hospitality tent with coffee and refreshments provided daily.
- Parking information will be included in your artist check-in packet.
- “Booth Sitters” will be available during event hours.
Friday, May 17
9 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday, May 18
7:00 – 8:30 am
No staking of tents, canopies or panels is permitted. Please come prepared with appropriate weights.
Administrative/Jury Fee: $35 by Mail, $35 Online Zapp
10 X 10 Booth: $200
10 X 20 Booth: $400
Corner Booth: $250
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES:
Application Deadline: March 25, 2019
Jury Dates: March 28, 2019
Acceptance Email Notification: March 30, 2019
Acceptance Fees Due/Deposited: April 2, 2019
Full Booth Refund Until: April 10, 2018
Artists selected for the wait list may be contacted up until the day before the event.
Cancellations for full booth refunds will be accepted if cancellation notification is received via email by firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2019. No refunds will be given for cancellations after the deadline date or for no-shows.
Our show is designed for artists who create and execute original, professional quality work. All work displayed MUST be produced by the exhibiting artist or a two-person collaboration team and MUST be consistent with the images submitted. Artists may only exhibit art in the category for which they are accepted.
- 2D MIXED MEDIA – Two dimensional, wall hung artwork using a combination of two or more distinct media in a collage- type manner.
- 3D MIXED MEDIA – Original work which uses one or more type of material or medium.
- CLAY – Original sculptural, decorative, or functional work in which the primary material used is clay. No machine made or mass produced items. All artwork must be signed by the artist.
- DRAWING / GRAPHICS / PRINTMAKING – Original works made with pen, pencil, color pencil, charcoal or traditional printmaking techniques, including etching, engraving, lithography, serigraphy or woodcuts. Combination techniques / collages are also permitted. Original prints must be signed and numbered.
- FIBER / LEATHER – Original work created from fibers or leather. Includes basketry, handmade paper, weaving and other artistic, fabric-based work. All work must be designed and sewn by the artist. No commercial, mass produced items are permitted.
- GLASS – Original sculptural or decorative work created in glass. No molds or other forms of mass production are permitted. All work must be signed by the artist.
- JEWELRY – Original jewelry made from precious and non-precious metals, gemstones, enamel, glass, fiber, clay or other materials. No buy/sell, kit or costume jewelry or mass produced items are permitted. Jewelry may be exhibited ONLY if accepted under the jewelry category.
- METAL – Original sculptural or decorative items created in metal. They may be painted or unpainted. No commercial or volume production items. All work must be signed by the artist.
- PAINTING – OIL / ACRYLIC – Original work created using oil / acrylic or similar materials on canvas, paper or board. Combination techniques / collages of these materials are also permitted.
- PAINTING – WATERCOLOR / PASTEL – Original work created using watercolor / pastel or similar materials on canvas, paper or board. Combination techniques / collages of these materials are also permitted.
- PHOTOGRAPHY / DIGITAL ART – Original artwork created by the artist / photographer utilizing an SLR or Digital camera, or computer-generated image, and printed with either traditional darkroom, ink-jet or laser printing technologies. No commercial photography is permitted. Original prints must be signed and numbered. Only one framed piece of each image may be hung on the walls of the booth.
- WOOD – Original sculptural or decorative work made primarily from wood. Includes hand tooled, carved or machine worked items, with either natural or painted finish. No commercial or volume production items are permitted.
Artists accepted for participation MUST be in attendance during the entire festival. Only one artist may display in a booth unless the work produced is a collaboration of two artists. Both artists must sign the application and be present during entire festival. No agents, dealers, or representatives may attend in place of the artist(s). Work by apprentices or employees is not permitted.
- The Festival provides only the ground space for exhibits. Each artist must provide his/her own displays. We require artists to use white top tents of EZ UP quality or better. All tents must be weighted (40 lbs. per tent leg minimum). NO STAKING is PERMITTED.
- Two weeks prior to the Festival, artists will be notified of their site location and detailed set-up information.
- After unloading, artist vehicles must be moved to designated artist parking. Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in the exhibition space during the Festival, nor may they enter the Festival grounds without the permission of the Arts Festival Coordinator.
- Artists shall be responsible for obtaining any required licenses, permits or approvals under state law applicable to his/her activity at the Festival and for paying any taxes, sales taxes, fees or other charges that may be applicable to any artist’s activity at the Festival.
- The Festival is a rain or shine event.
- The Festival reserves the right to cancel an artist’s contract. The Festival may require the artist to leave the Festival at any time if the artist is in violation of any rules and/or regulations stated herein.
- All artist merchandise must be original, handmade and created by the artist. Reproductions must be clearly identified as such. All artwork on display must be available for sale.
- Artists may only display work in categories approved in advance by the Jury.
- No T-shirts or commercial clothing, posters, commercially manufactured or reproduced products (resale) or any item that employs the use of commercially available molds or patterns are permitted.
- No sleeping is permitted overnight on the property.
- Trailers may be left overnight, at your own risk.
- No rollerblades, scooters, bicycles, Segway’s or other wheeled personal transportation devices are permitted on Garden property.
- No pets please.
- Failure to follow restrictions will result in your disqualification from the show with no refund of your participation fees.